It is possible to easily create new assignments for your students direct from your dashboard. Please note that assignments are only valid for students currently enrolled to your classroom at the time of assignment creation. We recommend that you create your first assignment after you have fully enrolled all of your students to your BuildUp classroom.
1. Click on either the big Assignments button on your Classroom Dashboard, or the button on the Navigation Pane.
2. Click Create New Assignment.
3. Name the assignment, e.g. 'Halloween Assignment' and choose start & end dates that suit.
4. **IMPROVED FEATURE** You can now set assignments for your whole class, or selected individuals, if you wish.
5. Select a topic, e.g. Probability. **IMPROVED FEATURE** Based on feedback from teachers last year, you now also have as much control as you like over assignment creation. You can let BuildUp pick concepts for you or you can select the concepts you wish to assign to your students.
6. You can then send this assignment to your students by clicking Create assignment.
7. Your assignment will now be visible on your students' interface highlighted, regardless of which topic they are looking at.
How do I view an Assignment?
1. Click on Assignments as above.
2. Select an assignment by clicking the highlighted area as below.
3. Here you can look at the assignement information such as what concepts were set and who has completed it, and more. You can also delete it by clicking Delete.
Students will now see a more detailed progress bar on their screen- showing them exactly how much of their assignment they have passed. They have a start button directing them to their assignment, and BuildUp will only tell them that an assignment is complete when they have passed all relevant concepts.