Folens Publishers, Hibernian Industrial Estate, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Information we collect and how we use it
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you register for an account with Folens Publishers, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, school, email address and an account password).
- Log information – When you access our websites, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Folens Publishers, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of Folens Publishers, our authors, our artists and other suppliers, or our users;
- Developing new services;
- Informing you of our new products and services that Folens Publishers considers may be of interest to you.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will only do so in compliance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Folens Publishers features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Folens Publishers may not be able to provide those services to you.
Folens Publishers only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Folens Publishers in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Folens Publishers, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address at the end of this document for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures.
Save as otherwise expressly provided, we restrict access to personal information to Folens Publishers employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination of their contract of employment or services agreement and/or criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
On request, we will supply you with a copy of the personal information that we process about you and that you may have supplied to us, in compliance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. If your personal data is inaccurate, we will, upon receipt of a written request from you, correct any such error or inaccuracy or if, in certain circumstances, you request that we delete such data, we will comply with your written request. We ask individual users, when writing to us, to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. In such circumstances a fee of €6.35 may be charged by us when complying with any such request.
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Folens Publishers’ policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the processing of personal data that cannot be resolved between Folens Publishers and an individual.
Customer Services Manager
Hibernian Industrial Estate,