From time to time, older versions of web pages can be stored locally on computers. This can cause issues where the page may not load correctly or where you might not have access to a resource that you should have access to.
For step-by-step instructions on how to clear your web browser cache, click/tap the link relevant to the browser you are using:
- For Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582
- For Microsoft Edge: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-clear-cookies-browsing-history-and-cache/edge
- For Internet Explorer *: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897
- For Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/How%20to%20clear%20the%20cache
- For Apple Safari: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4448839?tstart=0
* Please note that Microsoft have ceased support of of Internet Explorer, and as such, this would not be a recommended internet browser for the usage of our services.
If you are unsure what browser you are using, click here to find out.
It may also work, and be quicker, to press the Ctrl + F5 keys simultaneously on your keyboard when on a page where there is an issue- but if this does not work not to worry- the above will fix this.
If you have any questions or if the above does not resolve your query, we are of course more than happy to help- feel free to contact us by clicking here.