When connected to an interactive whiteboard or other touchscreen device, it is possible that your mouse or touchpad will not work to control the play/pause buttons, or other buttons, within these activities. This is because operating systems such as Windows sometimes only recognise that one 'mouse-pointing' device is connected.
To resolve this issue, the following steps are recommended:
- Close all windows where your internet browser is open, reopen your browser, navigate to FolensOnline, and try again.
- Disconnect your interactive whiteboard and reconnect it. If this does not work, try doing this as well as step 1.
- Restart your computer, and try again.
A more permanent fix when connected to an interactive whiteboard is to ensure your your screen is duplicated or projected rather than extended. To access these settings:
- Click the Start button
- Open Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution (your Control Panel might show this section under Display and then Adjust resolution or Change display settings.
- Under Multiple displays, select Duplicate these displays.
If you are still having issued, feel free to contact us via this form at Folens Customer Support, where we will be happy to help. The following information will be useful:
- Your FolensOnline username
- Your operating system (e.g. Windows 7 or Windows 10, etc.)
- Your internet browser affected (e.g. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox)
- Steps you have tried so far and any results from this.